- 1 What influenced the arts of West Asia?
- 2 What is West Asian art?
- 3 How did Western art influence Chinese art?
- 4 What is the similarities and differences of arts in Western and Asian countries?
- 5 What is West Asia known for?
- 6 What is the culture of West Asia?
- 7 What are the arts and crafts of West Asia?
- 8 What makes the art of China Japan Korea unique?
- 9 What makes an art beautiful?
- 10 What are the three concepts of Chinese arts?
- 11 What is unique about Chinese art?
- 12 What is the main difference between Chinese art and Western art?
- 13 What is history of Western art?
- 14 What is difference between Chinese and European art?
- 15 What is the difference between Eastern and Western view of art?
What influenced the arts of West Asia?
In antiquity, the Hellenistic culture was probably the first major foreign influence on West Asia. After the fall of Alexander the Great’s Empire, several Greek- influenced kingdoms developed in the region, combining elements of local cultures. One wonderful example is the cave architecture in Petra (modern-day Jordan).
What is West Asian art?
West Asian art encompasses the arts of the Near East, including the ancient art of Mesopotamia, and more recently becoming dominated by Islamic art. In many ways, the history of art in Asia parallels the development of Western art.
How did Western art influence Chinese art?
Chinese art today is heavily influenced by Western art and concepts, particularly ink and oil paintings, and performance arts. Not only a famous painter, he is also a calligrapher and philosopher. His unique styles and techniques have influenced many young artists today.
What is the similarities and differences of arts in Western and Asian countries?
Asian art is different in several ways to western art. For example, western still life paintings are usually very detailed. It usually takes a western artist months to finish a still life painting, which is usually done in oil on canvas. Compared to the Asian painters of still life, they usually take much less time.
What is West Asia known for?
Western Asia is primarily arid and semi-arid, and can be subject to drought, but it also contains vast expanses of forest and fertile valleys. The region consists of grasslands, rangelands, deserts, and mountains.
What is the culture of West Asia?
West Asia (or Southwest Asia as Ian Morrison puts it, or sometimes referred to as the Middle East) has their cultural roots in the pioneering civilizations of the Fertile Crescent and Mesopotamia, spawning the Persian, Arab, Ottoman empires, as well as the Abrahamic religions of Judaism and later Islam.
What are the arts and crafts of West Asia?
Answer and Explanation:
- Design. The distinct style of Islamic art uses intricate geometry and floral as designs and patterns.
- Ceramics. Ceramics was a major form of Islamic art.
- Carpets. Probably the most famous and recognizable of Western Asia arts and crafts.
What makes the art of China Japan Korea unique?
It is thought of first in East Asian art because much of the Korean and Japanese art came from China with the Buddhist monks. Chinese art has symmetry. Scholarly works like paintings are beautifully calm (like the hand scroll) and constrained while folk arts have color with wild abandon (the ceramics on the wall).
What makes an art beautiful?
What Makes Art Beautiful? Beauty in terms of art refers to an interaction between line, color, texture, sound, shape, motion, and size that is pleasing to the senses.
What are the three concepts of Chinese arts?
- The Three Perfections. The three perfections were calligraphy, poetry, and painting.
- Calligraphy – This is art of handwriting.
- Poetry – Poetry was an important form of art as well.
- Painting – Painting was often inspired by poetry and combined with calligraphy.
- Terracotta Army.
What is unique about Chinese art?
One of the outstanding characteristics of Chinese art is the extent to which it reflects the class structure that has existed at different times in Chinese history. Up to the Warring States period (475–221 bce), the arts were produced by anonymous craftsmen for the royal and feudal courts.
What is the main difference between Chinese art and Western art?
Chinese artists use simplified, minimal brushstrokes to delineate subjects as they see and feel them. Western artists render objects according to a light source to depict an object’s surface, using more technical brushstrokes to do so. Chinese paintings originated from the Eastern Jin Dynasty, which is 1600 years ago.
What is history of Western art?
The history of Western painting represents a continuous, though disrupted, tradition from antiquity until the present time. Until the mid-19th century it was primarily concerned with representational and Classical modes of production, after which time more modern, abstract and conceptual forms gained favor.
What is difference between Chinese and European art?
In the Chinese view, art is a representation of the mind or the spirit, whereas in the European view, it is of the figure or the body. While Chinese paintings reveal the inner world, the European paintings lay emphasis on a true representation of the physical appearance of the subject.
What is the difference between Eastern and Western view of art?
However, a few depicted their own distinct interests. Western artists mostly described only one religion while Eastern artists showed different beliefs. Expansions in Western art factually equivalent those in Eastern painting, in wide-ranging a few centuries far along.