- 1 Where can I sell my African art?
- 2 How do I sell my art in South Africa?
- 3 What is the best way to sell paintings?
- 4 How do you sell valuable art?
- 5 How can you tell if an African mask is real?
- 6 Where can I sell second hand art?
- 7 How do I price my paintings for sale?
- 8 Where can I advertise my art?
- 9 How do I start selling my art?
- 10 How do I price my art?
- 11 Can you make a living selling paintings?
- 12 How do I sell unwanted art?
- 13 How can I sell my old pieces of art?
- 14 Is it a good time to sell art?
Where can I sell my African art?
Sotheby’s is your best resource to sell contemporary African paintings, sculpture and photography. Sotheby’s began hosting auctions devoted to contemporary and modern African art in 2016 and has seen outstanding results in this growing collecting category.
How do I sell my art in South Africa?
Below are just some of the ways you can sell your art without having to use a gallery.
- Display your art in coffee shops or other venues.
- Speak to interior designers and art dealers.
- Start an online shop.
- Start getting social.
- Offer commissions.
What is the best way to sell paintings?
The best places to sell your artwork online to support your creative business.
- Etsy. You can’t talk about sites to sell artwork without mentioning Etsy.
- Amazon. These days, people buy just about everything on Amazon—and that includes art.
- Saatchi Art.
How do you sell valuable art?
To get started, you may want to contact an auction house that specializes in art, not just a general auction house.
- Taking Artwork to an Auction House for Assessment.
- Seeking Appraisals of Fine Art Paintings.
- Selling Artwork to a Gallery.
- Whether to Sell or Consign Fine Art Paintings.
How can you tell if an African mask is real?
An up-close look of the back of the mask. I decided to Google to find out how to determine authenticity. Holes on masks are used to attach the rest of the ceremonial dress.
- Check the back of the mask for wear, including the holes for fastening the mask on the face.
- Look for wear from forehead, cheeks, chins and noses.
Where can I sell second hand art?
How to Sell Art You Already Own
- Resale dealers. You can find resale art dealers either on specialised art websites or in consignment shops.
- Auction houses. If you’ve never been to an auction, it is worth finding out about the auction houses in your area and go to one auction or two before talking to the team about your item.
- Online – eBay.
How do I price my paintings for sale?
How to Price Consistently for Art Sales Success
- FORMULA 1: Square Inch × Dollar Amount.
- Example for a painting with a width of 18 inches, a length of 24 inches, a square inch multiplier of $4, and a material cost of $100:
- FORMULA 2: (Hourly Wage × Hours Spent) + Cost of Materials.
Where can I advertise my art?
14 Free Places To Promote Your Art Online
- 1. Facebook Page & Groups. Facebook is the first network that comes to mind for promoting your art. Facebook is the largest social media platform with over 2 billion users and growing.
- Wetcanvas Forums.
- Reddit ( Art Related Sub-Reddits)
- Deviant Art.
- Your Website & Blog.
How do I start selling my art?
Here’s our step-by-step guide to selling art.
- Putting Your Art Online. If you want people to buy your art, you need to make it available.
- Putting Your Art Into the World.
- Sell Art Commissions.
- Hire a Professional Consultant.
- Build a Client Base.
- Know Your Audience.
- Use Social Media.
How do I price my art?
Pay yourself a reasonable hourly wage, add the cost of materials and make that your asking price. For example, if materials cost $50, you take 20 hours to make the art, and you pay yourself $20 an hour to make it, then you price the art at $450 ($20 X 20 hours + $50 cost of materials).
Can you make a living selling paintings?
Earning passive income by selling wall art Painters, illustrators, designers, graphic artists and even sculptors can earn money by selling high-quality prints or copies of their work.
How do I sell unwanted art?
Sell your paintings or artwork Plenty of artists (and hobby artists) choose to sell their creations on sites like Ebay, Etsy, or even Craigslist to help clear their art space and use the sales earnings to buy better art supplies.
How can I sell my old pieces of art?
How to Sell at Auction
- If you have researched your painting and are satisfied that it is reasonably valuable, then you need to approach an auction house. Search online for “antiques auction” or “antiques salesroom” in your city or area.
- Ask if the saleroom specializes in paintings.
Is it a good time to sell art?
The market research and data that proves there has never been a better time to sell art online. Online sales have been cannibalizing offline sales for the last 7 years since the Great Recession began. So if all you’ve been doing is selling at local fairs and in galleries, you’ve likely been seeing nothing but declines.